The More the Merrier: 20 Things a Big Group Can Do
An old mantra tells us that there is power in numbers. Let’s tweak this a little. When it comes to travelling, there is fun in numbers. A vacations is definitely more enjoyable and when you have a lot of friends in tow.
Especially if you’re eyeing Daytona Beach as your next vacation destination.
Whether you’re traveling with you immediate and extended family, your colleagues or your friends, here are 20 things that will definitely make your Daytona Beach vacation a whole lot of fun for everyone.
1. Charter a Private Boat. Daytona Beach gives tourists one of the most beautiful access to the Atlantic and there’s no better way to explore this coastal beauty than chartering your own private boat. These private chartered tours are fully customizable according to your group’s interest. You can go fishing, snorkeling or island hopping just to name a few.
2. Visit the Daytona Beach Kennel Club and Poker Room. This one is for those who want to score some big bucks while on vacation. The Daytona Beach Kennel Club and Poker Room is the premier greyhound racing and poker spot in the city. Aside from these betting and gambling events, it’s also a spot for great musical performances.
3. Rave Your Heart Out on the Beach. Daytona Beach is not known as the Spring Break Capital of America for nothing. There are daily parties on the beach sponsored by restaurants and other beach front establishments. You can also put together your own party if you want.
4. Bar Hopping. As a party capital, Daytona Beach has a bustling night scene with bars where world class DJ’s play and party-lovers gather to have fun. Some of the most notable bars in the area are 600 North, Aqua Lounge and Ocean Deck.
5. Watch A Movie. You don’t have to miss out on the latest blockbuster hit while you’re on vacation because Daytona Beach have a lot of modern cinemas ready to serve you and your friends the best cinematic hits. We highly recommend watching a move at Paragon Ocean Walk 10 at Ocean Walk Shoppes. It’s just a stone’s throw away from the beach and you can go straight from a blockbuster hit to the pristine coastal treasure of the beach.
6. Take a Tour of the Daytona International Speedway. Whether you’re race fans or not, taking the Daytona International Speedway tour will definitely be a treat. Daytona Beach is the birthplace of NASCAR racing and taking this tour will give you a glimpse of the city’s racing heritage.
7. Shop Until You Drop. Daytona Beach is not far behind when it comes to retail and shopping. From designer brands to local merchants, Daytona Beach is a shopping haven for all types of consumers. We recommend that you go to the Daytona Flea and Farmers Market, Volusia Mall, Maui Nix and the Ocean Walks Shoppe.
8. Play Mini Golf. For putting enthusiasts, Daytona Beach has a lot of putting greens – from the traditional to the extremely unique. We highly recommend Pirate’s Adventure Island and immerse yourself in a fairy tale land of pirate ships, pirate actors, tunnels, ravines, rivers and seas.
9. Join a Ghost Tour. If you’re group is into paranormal activities and ghost hunting, then Daytona Beach is the perfect travel destination. Join one of the many ghost tours offered in the city and be spooked with the horror stories that surround the city. Besides, it will be less scary if you’re with a big group right?
10. Go on a Food Trip. Great food is best enjoyed with great company. Daytona Beach is definitely an epicurean epicenter with its roster of great restaurants and boutique diners. Must-tries are The Cellar, The Cracked Egg Diner and Dancing Avocado Kitchen.
11. Watch the Daytona 500. Taking the Daytona International Speedway tour is definitely a great activity, but nothing beats the real thing. The Daytona 500 is the most prestigious NASCAR event ever and draws thousands of race enthusiasts from all over. Even if you’re not a race enthusiasts, the experience of watching an intense race is definitely something you must do even just once. Daytona 500 resumes in 2016 after the Speedway renovation.
12. Enjoy at the Boardwalk Amusement Area and Pier. Do you want to experience old-fashioned beachfront leisure and amusement? Then head over to the Boardwalk Pier and you’ll get just that.
13. Watch the Friends of the Bandshell Concert Series. If you happen to be travelling between May and September, then you should definitely catch at least one show of the Friends of the Bandshell Concert Series. All Saturdays of May until September, enjoy great music by the beach followed by a spectacular fireworks display.
14. Drive Along the Beach. Daytona Beach is one of the few beaches in the US that you can drive on because of its packed sand composition. Be sure to experience this with your friends.
15. Engage in Water Activities. Parasailing, wakeboarding, jetskiing – name it and Daytona Beach has it.
16. Immerse Yourself in Daytona Beach History. Daytona Beach is not all about the beach and the raving parties. It also has a rich and diverse history. If museum is not your thing, you and your friends can visit the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse and Museum and experience one of the most magnificent views in all of Daytona Beach while learning tidbits about the area’s maritime history.
17. Enjoy the Free Parks. The best things in life are free and in Daytona Beach, this comes in the form of the many county parks and many of these are within a few steps away from the beach.
18. Enjoy a Quiet Time On the Beach. At night, Daytona Beach is a party capital. But it can be really peaceful and tranquil in the morning. Ask your friends for an early jog or yoga along the shores. It’s nice to have some downtimes during a vacation, right?
19. Watch a Show at the Peabody Auditorium. The Peabody Auditorium is one of the entertainment epicenters of Daytona Beach. Try to schedule your trip in line with a performance here by the Daytona Beach Symphony Society.
20. Bask on the Beach Every Single Day! It’s not the world’s Most Famous Beach for nothing! Go back here every single day. Read a book or get that perfect tan with your friends or family. You’ll never get tired of it.
Big group equals big fun! This is what awaits you, your friends, you colleagues and family when you visit Daytona Beach.
Discover Daytona Beach
- Bike Week
- Rolex 24 Hour Race
- Daytona 500 A Trip Down Memory Lane
- Daytona Race Parking
- How to Avoid Being Killed During Daytona Biketoberfest
- Ponce Inlet Lighthouse
- Daring Daytona
- Top Five Ways To Enjoy Daytona Beach… As If You’re a Local
- 4th of July in Daytona Beach
- Your Ultimate Guide to Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway
- Waffles with Bacon Inside
- Free Things to Do in Daytona Beach
- St. Augustine
- Spring Car Show
- Daytona Beach Spring Break
- Things to do in Daytona
- 10 Tips on Driving on Daytona Beach
- What to do on Rainy Days
- Top 10 Must Sees in Daytona Beach
- Perfect Stop Off Before Your Cruise
- Best Places to Eat in Daytona Beach
- 5 Tips - Flea Market Shopping
- Why Your Reviews are Important to Us