5 Tips When Shopping at the Daytona Flea Market
Shop the huge Daytona Beach Flea Market with its 1,000 booths and over 3 miles of aisles that feature market finds and fresh produce. The market opened in March 1981 and has been growing ever since. It opens from Fridays through Sundays and hosts 2.5 million shoppers every year. This year-round market was recently ranked among the top 5 in the nation by USA Today’s weekend magazine and 6th in the world by Travelchannel.com. Here are some tips to guide you through your shopping experience.
1. Be an early bird. Try to be at the shows as soon as they open. You will compete with savvy dealers from all over the world while it opens. It would be best that you go the same time they do. Some markets open at daybreak; you can sleep when you get home.
2. Wear comfortable clothes and dress in layers. You may have a 30 to 40-degree temperature range while shopping. Because you will be out there at dawn, it can be chilly but you can always peel off layers as the day heats up. Wear comfortable shoes as well.
3. Remain calm. Buying at flea markets requires focus, and it can be hard to concentrate in the whirlwind of people and things. Just relax and settle into a quiet corner where no one else is looking. Sometimes, the best stuff is hiding.
4. Be friendly. A lot of people that sell at flea markets do it for fun, and their things are usually from personal collections. Take the time to chat and try to be respectful of their things. Also, be considerate when bargaining.
5. Do a little research. Pricing can be complicated when it comes to antiques. If you are looking for something specific, do a little research on antique websites to get an idea of the range of prices to expect. A knowledgeable bargainer is always respected. Decide what you want to pay before asking, and then ask the seller if that is their “best price.” Unlike retail shopping, they will usually go lower than the marked price.
We hope these tips will help you out. Happy shopping!
HOURS: Open Every - Friday, Saturday & Sunday
9 A.M. to 5 P.M. - Rain or Shine
Daytona Flea & Farmers Market
2987 Bellevue Ave Ext.
Daytona Beach, FL 32124
Photo by: http://floridalandingpages.com/daytona-flea-and-farmers-market
Discover Daytona Beach
- Bike Week
- Rolex 24 Hour Race
- Daytona 500 A Trip Down Memory Lane
- Daytona Race Parking
- How to Avoid Being Killed During Daytona Biketoberfest
- Ponce Inlet Lighthouse
- Daring Daytona
- Top Five Ways To Enjoy Daytona Beach… As If You’re a Local
- 4th of July in Daytona Beach
- Your Ultimate Guide to Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway
- Things a Big Group Can Do
- Waffles with Bacon Inside
- Free Things to Do in Daytona Beach
- St. Augustine
- Spring Car Show
- Daytona Beach Spring Break
- Things to do in Daytona
- 10 Tips on Driving on Daytona Beach
- What to do on Rainy Days
- Top 10 Must Sees in Daytona Beach
- Perfect Stop Off Before Your Cruise
- Best Places to Eat in Daytona Beach
- Why Your Reviews are Important to Us